From simple one-page brochures to fully content managed websites, I can create a solution that will meet you and your customers needs.
With over 64% of smartphone owners now using their device to shop online, can you afford to not have a mobile app?
I can create a solution that will meet the specific needs of your business.
Below you can view a selection of some of my recent work, from website design and development, to mobile web apps.
GoodHealth Manchester course booking website
The design and development of a bespoke web application that allows health professionals to search for and sign up to a variety of training courses offered by GoodHealth Manchester.
- Responsive, HTML website designed and developed with SEO and accessibility in mind.
- MyGoodHealth secure area where course applicants can book onto courses, manage their bookings and update their personal details.
- SMS reminders of course bookings to ensure applicants don't forget to attend.
- Course administrator area where admin users can add new courses to the website.
- Reports centre, allowing admin users to view a variety of reports, such as the most popular courses.
Manchester Mental Health Mobile Web App
A suite of mobile web apps designed to help staff work more effectively when out of the office.
- Mileage calculator - using GPS, this app allows staff to track their journeys and automatically calculate the mileage travelled.
- BMI app - Many patients who are prescribed medication experience side-effects, including weight-gain. This is an easy to use app which can be used by any professional working with patients to check their BMI and monitor for any changes.
- Policies - allows staff to consult Trust policies when they are away from their desk.
- Mental Health Act/Social Care Law - provides mobile access to important documents used by community mental health staff and social workers. This app means they are no longer required to carry large folders with them when on visits.
Manchester Mental Health Intranet
Design and development of the Trusts' staff intranet. Working with CMS provider Sitekit to develop a system which met staff needs with increased functionality and interactivity.
- Dynamic homepage which updates automatically when a news story or noticeboard post is added.
- Document centre allows staff to easily find the corporate documents they need.
- Noticeboard allows members of staff to advertise events or items for sale.
Manchester Mental Health Website
Redesign and development of the Trusts' external website. Website was designed from scratch with accessibility, usability and SEO in mind. It provides patients with information on mental health services and how to get help.
- Developed using the Umbraco CMS.
- Homepage features a modern 'Metro' style design.
- The homepage is updated automatically when news articles are added by staff.
- Content Management System allows a variety of Trust staff to add and update content.
A Facebook app designed to help people monitor their mood using a game like method. Users can enter reasons for their mood and share this with friends. Friends can then 'rally round' and support the patient lift their mood.
- A friendly, fun user interface to easily allow the recording of a person's mood.
- Facebook integration so that, if they want to, the mood is posted on the users' wall.
- Previous mood recordings are displayed in a graph so the user can see how their mood has changed over the months.
- Users have the option to allow others to view their mood graph.
As part of the MMHSCT mobile web app, I developed a BMI calculator. Many patients who are prescribed medication experience side effects including weight gain. This app can be used by staff and patients to check their BMI and monitor for any changes.
The mileage tracker uses GPS to automatically track staff when they are visiting patients in the community. This allows them to easily calculate their total mileage for expense claims.